Here are a few highlights of the 2023 TTA Annual Meeting held at the Texas State Shoot...
Silent Auction and Fund Raising
Due to the loss of the Southwest Grand shoot the TTA relied on event sponsors, program ads, donations, auctions, silent auctions and raffles for the state trophy package to make up for the loss in Daily Fees. A big "Thank you!" goes out to all those who donated and purchased the items!
- Glen Miller, Lonestar Knives - Custom handmade knife purchased by Jeff Renegar $150
- Steven Dusek - 3 Day Deer Hunting package purchased by Buddy Huff $2,000
- Matt Nicol - Gateway Irish crystal glasses purchased by Jerry O'Connor $50
- Matt Nicol - Texas Flags purchased by Caitlyn Bynum $325
- Negrini Gun Case - puchased by Randy Boeding $275
- Pistol Raffle winner was Thomas Gebhart
2023 ATA All American Team
Congratulations to the following TTA members for making the ATA All American Teams.
Douglas Briggs - Veteran 1st Team
Jeff H Webb - Veteran 2nd Team
Marvin Allbright - Senior Vet 2nd Team
Larry Tagtmeyer - Senior Vet 2nd Team
Jennifer Rutger - Lady I 1st Team
Yaani-Mai Gaddy - Lady II 1st Team
Patricia Todd - Lady II 2nd Team
2023 Texas State Teams
The following shooters were awarded plaques. First time 1st Team members and team captains were awarded their TX State Team rings.
Dalton Jennings (Captain)
2nd TeamPatrick Crawford
Ladies TeamBridget Bearden (Captain)
Yaani Mai Gaddy
Steve Dusek (Captain)
Sr Veteran Team
Marvin Allbright (Captain)
Coy Losawyer (Captain)
Sub Junior Team
Case Koether (Captain)
TTA Hall of Fame Inductees
Dalton Jennings and Jeff Renegar were recognized for their many accomplishments, sportsmanship, dedication and contributions to trap shooting throughout their shooting careers.
Cases of Winchester AA's Shell Drawing
The following 7 shooters attended all five 2023 Texas Zone shoots - Billy Hopson, Richard Leos, Darin Clawson, Kevin Merrell, Cooper Caswell, JJ Caswell & Babette Cade. Babette Cade was the lucky winner for the drawing for the 2 cases of Winchester AA shells!
Billy Hopson, Richard Leos and Steve Bradbury are donating 3 cases of Winchester AA's for a drawing for shooters that attend all the 2024 target year Zone shoots.
State Shoot Attendees
The following shooters were recognized for attending many past Texas State Shoots!
- 15 Years - Patrick Hopson
- 25 Years - Jeff Renegar
- 30 Years - Bruce Best
- 30 Years - Trish O'Connor
- 47 Years - Jerry O'Connor
- 50 Years - Bob Johnson
- 50 Years - Charlie Long
The TTA would like to present the following new officers:
- Steve Bradbury - President
- Drew Fryman - 1st Vice President
- JJ Caswell - 2nd Vice President
- Billy Hopson - ATA Delegate
- Ron Cunning - 1st Alternate Delegate
The following officers will continue in their roles in 2024:
- Ronnie Beard - 2nd Alternate Delegate
- Randall Boeding - Secretary
- Dieter Becker - Treasurer
The TTA would like to express their gratitude to the following outgoing officers for their time, hard work and years of dedication to the association and trap shooting. Their efforts have truly made a difference and are greatly appreciated.
- Babette Cade - 1st Vice President and 2nd Vice President
- Jerry O'Connor - ATA Delegate for the past 13 years, former 1st Alternate Delegate, TTA President, 2nd Vice President, served on the Amarillo Gun Club Board of Directors for approximately 20 years and was President of Amarillo Gun Club 3 times. We also thank Trish O'Connor who worked tirelessly alongside Jerry all those years.